Pages

March 10, 2010

I will serve you while I'm waiting....

"I am waiting for, praying for you darling, wait for me too, wait for me as I wait for you, cause I am waiting for, praying for you darling, wait for me too, wait for me as I wait for you, darling wait..."

This song "Wait for me" was written by Rebbecca St James.  It's a very wonderful song, and reminds us to wait for our future husbands, and them for us.  If you have heard the song, you know what I mean, even the verses are grand.  But it's become one of my favorites that she has actually written, and sings.

Of course after reading the chorus you may already know where I am going  from here.  Love... and waiting for you future husbands!  You may have read about waiting for your husbands on other blogs, but you can hear it again, because for one, mine may be quite different, and ALSO you hardly ever hear it anymore.  But down to the subject.  Many girls .... excuse me, MOST girls anymore, are NOT waiting for there future husbands.  No way! Who would wait when you could get a lot of boyfriends? Oh, Brother! That's dumb!  But its true, that's what is going on these days.

But let me back up a bit...  Of course every young lady is looking forward to their wedding day. I am! And to tell you the truth, it would be very odd if one wasn't.  But anymore the meaning of love is mixed up.  Its not about waiting for your husbands, they should be your first beau, your first kiss is with HIM. NOPE! Now it is boyfriend after boyfriend after boyfriend. Whew! I can't imagine having that many.  Girls are getting 50 boyfriends, marrying, then divorcing...and it goes on.  Do you think that is true love?  Marrying so many guys, and falling in love with every guy under the sun.  Do you think that is love? NO NO, NO, NO, NO!!!!!  Of course not. And I hope and pray that was your answer too.   What ever happened to first true love?? And, one guy in your life?  Hmm..?? Does anyone have an answer?

I DO! Girls are wanting SOOOOO much attention, and they don't want towait for there futures husbands, because they want A LOT of guys in their life.

Okay ladies listen up! Wouldn't it be so very WONDERFUL to fall in love for the first time? To have one man that truly loves you? ONE man that you waited all of your life for? And some day, one day, you marry him! Oh, how glorious that will be!! When you give your love and heart to ONE man someday.  That is exactly what I want for my life!  It will be a grand occasion!

Boyfriends are not everything!  They will steal your heart away, and break it one by one.  For if you are having boyfriend after boyfriend, then that means he is dropping you for someone else.  If that is the case, then he is NOT the right one for you.  The right man that God has for you would never do that. He would love you to the ends of the earth, and never ever leave you!
I have to say, I do not want to be like the rest of this world and have so many boyfriends. Nope! Even if my parents LET me go out into this world (which they wouldn't) and act like everyone else, have boyfriends, and go on dates...Well I would NOT want to do it!  Even if I was the only person in this world that was waiting, well I would still hold on.  For if you trust GOD, all things work out for good to them that love him.  And absolutely ALL things are possible with him!  Not some things, but ALL!

And not only are girls just getting boyfriends, they are also getting pregnant.  I know of some girls that are pregnant, and they are not married.  And in MOST cases, the girls get pregnant and then don't even want to marry the guy that they got pregnant with. That's even worse. Or, not only that, they get abortions.  Good grief, then WHY in the world did they even let the guys touch them?? Can anyone answer that? I am afraid I don't have an answer for this one. Girls are just being weird!(I am using the word lightly.)

Everyone listen, God intended all girls to only have one husband, not 50! (unless you remarry if your husband dies. But then still it wouldn't be 50.) But getting one after another just because you want to, and because everyone else is, is not right.

So girls, wait on your husbands, your prince charming. God will send him to you in due time, if he hasn't yet.   All cases of meeting your future husband is different.  But no matter what it is with you, remember to "Trust in the Lord, will all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths."

And if you ARE waiting, then I am very happy for you, and hope you continue too!


Now guys, I cannot skip you. Maybe you were hoping that I would, but NOPE, you were wrong. You are JUST as much included in this as the girls.  You guys also may be going from girlfriend to girlfriend.  That's not a way a guy should be. You need to treat them right, don't become their boyfriend if you are just going to drop them for someone else.  When you DO find the right one, love and cherish them, for that is what girls love, and that is what the scripture teaches.  Believe me, I know what I am saying, because I AM a girl.
And if you have not found her yet, then wait for her. Don't go after other girls. Wait, just wait. For God has the perfect timing. If you haven't found her yet, then that is because it is not in God's timing.  So wait!...   Everything I said up there to the girls pertains to you gentlemen too, so you can follow it without me having to repeat myself.

Girls and boys, while you ARE waiting, serve God while doing so.  Live your life according to Gods will, and don't ruin it, just for what you want. Gods timing is perfect! And trust him!
All of you can share your story with me if you like.  If you are battling with serving God while waiting, or even having trouble waiting.  If you ARE waiting, or have waited and God has sent you your chosen one. I would be more than happy to listen.  And if you are just wanting me to see it, not the whole crowd that reads my blog, then just say so, and I won't publish the comment.

I thank everyone who has read this! I hope you are waiting and living your life according to God's will and purpose.

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not on thine own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge him, and he will direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6

"For we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

"Delight thyself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of thine heart." Psalm 37:4

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Graceful Maiden,
What an absolutely glorious work of art you are, a Holy woman of God!

When I first ran across your profile picture on Facebook of your shadow I thought, "What a contrast between all the other photos of people who promote the flesh." Christian song writer and singer, Mary Barrett, exhibits the same type of humility on her album covers. Exhaltation of Christ rather than self is the message that is being potrayed.

Holy God instituted marriage between a man and a woman, beginning with Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden some six thousand years ago. The God ordained institution of marriage, Creation, and family cohesiveness, are all under heavy bombardment from the enemy. Satan wants to destroy the holy things of God.

God created children with the innocence to believe the things that our parents and school teachers, teach us. I was born in 1961 and I have experienced first hand the devastation that was brought about because of the so called "sexual revolution." We
are still feeling the monsterous effects of that rebellion against God's commandment,
"Thou shalt not commit adultery",
to this day.

I was born again on Labor day weekend 1999, at New Hope Missionary Baptist Church, in Comstock, Michigan. Since that day of salvation I now have the Holy Spirit living inside of me, enabling me to remain faithful to Christ and my future wife. I am what is called a recycled virgin. I am not saying that in a derogatory way, I am saying that with all due respect to you and your fellow readers.

Before I was saved I was married and had two children with my wife. Because I didn't have Christ in my heart I fell into sin and consequently was divorced. I am still unmarried but a huge change has over taken me. Where once I was a slave to sin, now I am experiencing victory through the power of God's Holy Spirit.

I am waiting until I get married.
I am remaining pure and faithful to my future spouse.
I am a holy man, praying for God's will to be accomplished in my life for His Glory.

The Church is called the Bride of Christ. Jesus is in heaven building a home for His future wife. Jesus is in the process of waiting for his bride and he instills the same desire in His Children.

Thank you for your powerful testimony Miss. Brown you have been an inspiration to me with your honesty and courage. May the Lord continue to bless you and your ministry.

Stephen Holcomb
stephenholcomb@att.net
is in the process of waiting